0

Kareena Kapoor Profile

Published at 9:00 AM in ,

Date of birth- 21 September,1977
Zodiac sign- Virgo
Birthplace- Bombay.
Nickname- Bebo.

Her first name was derived from the book 'Anna Karenina

Kareena was born to Sindhi-speaking Babita (nee Shivdasani) and Punjabi-speaking Randhir Kapoor. Her elder sister Karisma too is a versatile actress.

She is born in a family that have been actors for generations, including her paternal great-grandfather, Prithviraj Kapoor; her grandfather, Raj Kapoor; her paternal uncles, Shammi, Shashi, Rishi, and Rajiv; as well as aunt, Neetu Singh, & Jennifer Kendall, the wives of Rishi and Shashi respectively. On her maternal side, her grandfather, Hari Shivdasani, and aunt, Sadhana, have been actors in their own rights.


She studied in Jamnabai Narsee School in Juhu, Bombay, and thereafter was enrolled in Dehra Dun's prestigious Welham Girls' Boarding School. Then she re-located to Harvard for approximately 3 months to take a course in Information Technology and Microcomputers. Upon her return to India, she joined the Government Law College in Churchgate, Bombay, but left it after one year, to enroll in the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting School.

Her dad, Randhir is very protective towards his daughters and wanted both of them to keep away from acting, get married, and settle down, as per the Kapoor family tradition. This led to irreconcilable differences between her parents, ultimately leading to a divorce, with both sisters leaving their dad to live with their mom.

Favourite Films- Awaara, Sangam,Bobby, Kal Aaj Aur Kal.
Favourite Car-Mitsubishi Lancer
Favourite Book-Master Of the Game' by Sidney Sheldon
Favourite Food-Chinese, Italian and Thai
Favourite Hotel-Golden Dragon, Olive and Thai Pavilion
Favourite Holiday Spot-Goa and London
Favorite Actor-Raj Kapoor
Favorite Actress-Nargis, of course, after Babita
Favorite Co-Stars-Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, and Abhishek Bachchan
Favorite Attire-Jeans and T-shirt (casuals) and ethnic Indian wear when it comes to formals
Favorite Color-Black and Red
Favorite Song-"Rahe na rahe hum mehaka karenge..."
Favorite Sport-Swimming
Favorite Accessory-Bracelets
Favourite Jewel-Diamonds
Favorite Perfume-Dune
Favorite Hobby-Horse-riding and cooking
Favourite Designer-Gianni Versace
Leisure Activities-Reading, swimming, eating and making friends
Her first Crush- her 4th std. Desk partner while she was in School
Strengths- mom & sister
Weakeness-My sister and food
Her Motto-Life is full of tears and joy,so make the most of it-Believe in true love
Hates-Liars and Hypocrites
Loves-Frankness and Honesty

Other facts-

In 2002, Kareena set off on her first world tour, the Heartthrobs Concert, alongside Hrithik Roshan, Karisma Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Aftab Shivdasani.

In November 2003, Kareena performed at the Marco Ricci Each One Reach One Benefit Concert, a fundraiser for the World Youth Peace Summit.
In 2005, along with other Bollywood stars, she took part in the HELP! Telethon Concert to help raise money for victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.

In 2006, Kareena declared that she would turn vegetarian in order to keep her weight in check.

In 2006, she took part in the Rockstars Concert world tour, along with Salman Khan, Zayed Khan, John Abraham, Shahid Kapoor, Esha Deol and Mallika Sherawat.

Her film debut was in the year 2000 with 'Refugee' along with the debut of Amitabh Bachchan's son, Abhishek Bachchan.

Her best friend is Amrita Arora and shares good relation with Esha Deol as well.

She is very close to her sister and as Kareena says- “We are always looking out for each other. We’re sisters first and everything else later!” That’s Lolo and Bebo for you!

Turned down a role in _Bride and Prejudice (2004)_.

Did not attend her cousin's (Riddhima Kapoor) wedding with Bharat Sawhney that took place in Bombay on Wednesday January 25, 2006. Also absent was her sister, Karisma, and mom, Babita.

Earlier dated Shahid Kapoor but now is seeing Saif Ali Khan whom she plans to marry soon.

Personal Quotes

Life is full of happiness and tears, be strong and have faith.

I want a man I can keep for myself. I wouldn't ever share my man with anyone else.

I am not a home breaker and I can never be. I haven't been brought up to create havoc in other people's homes.

If I found out that my man is unfaithful, there'd be no tears, no shor-sharaba, I'd just slaughter him.

Men are gutless. Why can't they own up to the women they love?

A lot of guys try to mingle with me because of who I am. If I encounter a guy with a clean heart, I will go by my instincts. I guess my man won't be from the film industry.

I am a hell raiser. I do my own thing. And I believe what I do is the right thing.

I wouldn't be able to turn a blind eye to my husband activities like other star wives. I will be screaming down this throat, demanding an account of every minute of his. So you see an actor won't be good for my peace of mind.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

Post Details

No Response to "Kareena Kapoor Profile"

Post a Comment