0

Lisa Haydon Wallpapers: Rascals second lead lady

Published at 8:43 AM in ,

There's something about Lisa Haydon that puts you in a mind of alabaster beaches, diaphanous maxi dresses and exotic and vivifying herbal teas. She's not your girl-next-door, not by a long shot-just look at that built-for-bikinis body and skin that looks like she regularly frolics in the Caribbean. But she wears her incredible sensuality with ease and lightness. "Helloo, she sings over the phone in a voice that is heavily accented from having spent her formative years shuttling between Australia, New York and India. She's just flown into Bengaluru for a fashion show, even as she closes final shooting and readies herself for gruelling media rounds for her second film release, David Dhawan's comedy caper, Rascal

She's not your girl-next-door, not by a long shot-just look at that built-for-bikinis body and skin that looks like she regularly frolics in the Caribbean. But she wears her incredible sensuality with ease and lightness. "Helloo, she sings over the phone in a voice that is heavily accented from having spent her formative years shuttling between Australia, New York and India. She's just flown into Bengaluru for a fashion show, even as she closes final shooting and readies herself for gruelling media rounds for her second film release, David Dhawan's comedy caper, Rascals. less
Now Lisa appears to be many things, but 'filmy' is not one of them, and David Dhawan's brand of filmy requires an even further stretch of the imagination. She laughs, "I know! There are things my character says, does and wears in the film that I would never do in real life. But that's what I love about movies-they allow you to do things that you never thought you would. And there's definitely a joy in it. The raven-haired beauty, who is of Australian and Indian descent, admits that though acting may not have been the clear goal right from the start, she'd known quite early on that she wanted to be an entertainer

She laughs, "I know! There are things my character says, does and wears in the film that I would never do in real life. But that's what I love about movies-they allow you to do things that you never thought you would. And there's definitely a joy in it. The raven-haired beauty, who is of Australian and Indian descent, admits that though acting may not have been the clear goal right from the start, she'd known quite early on that she wanted to be an entertainer. less
Initially, she thought of becoming a dance teacher, having trained in jazz, ballet, salsa, Afro, hip-hop, Bharatnatyam and Kathak. But having to move to the US and then Australia where dancing is far more competitive, she changed her mind. In Australia, she made her acquaintance with yoga and fell in love with it, for a while even aspiring to become a yoga instructor.

"It requires a lot of dedication and a regimented way of life and I was just 19! she laughs. Modelling came next, and while she dabbled in it in Australia, she quickly realised during the course of her many visits to India that it was where her fortune lay. She returned in 2008 and immediately struck gold, quickly becoming one of the most prolific fashion models in the country. Her first tryst with films, the fashion opus and Sonam Kapoor-starrer, Aisha, rolled around just as Lisa had achieved almost every top honour a model could hope to achieve, including TV commercials, brand endorsements and a stint as a TV host too. Lisa trained with US acting coach, Sheila Gray (who is also Angelina Jolie's coach incidentally, to whom Lisa bears a striking resemblance), for three months and took rigorous Hindi-speaking classes to prepare for her next big career move


Ask her what she loves most about Bollywood and she'll tell you it's how multifaceted it need its performers to be. "Dancing is something I love and I get to do that in the course of being an actor which isn't possible in Hollywood unless you're doing a musical. I can also continue to be a model, except now I'm a showstopper and earn more! she says. Both her films have capitalised in some way on her glamour and good looks-does she worry this will become a restrictive pattern? "Yeah, I think about that and I'd find it quite insulting to get typecast as eye candy all the time, she says. "But I also know I have to bide my time, use these experiences to hone my skills, and eventually deconstruct that glamour-only impression

Has she finally found her calling, then? Lisa, The Actor? "I enjoy acting, I want to be good at it and I'm willing to do the work for however long it takes, she says. "At the same time, I don't want to restrict myself, there are so many creative things I want to do and I will when the time is right. Creativity is important to share and express, otherwise it just becomes this frustrated energy inside of you. 

Lisa tells me she loves creating organic bath and beauty products at home, and regularly places them in everybody's bathrooms. "I'd love to make clothes at some point too, she says, speaking my mind. God knows, she must. Her understated style has made her ubiquitous on all manner of fashion lists and style polls. She describes her style as transient-sometimes biker-ballerina, sometimes classic or androgynous, and most often, bohemian. She loves Kate Hudson's flair on the red carpet.

"She's always true to herself and always enhances what she wears, instead of the other way around. Lisa is also game enough to admit that her best outfits are the ones she puts together when she has very little time to get ready. "When I know I have to rush, what I reach for is more intuitive and ends up looking effortless and so much better. When there's too much time, you end up over thinking and making a mess

Let's wish Lisa the very best for her filmi career in bollywood

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

Post Details

No Response to "Lisa Haydon Wallpapers: Rascals second lead lady"

Post a Comment